S.W.I.M. is committed to:
- being an agent of change within the Catholic community.
- challenging the existing social order in the promotion of justice and opportunity for all women within the institutional Church.
- being a prophetic, articulate voice for what can be rather than what always has been.
- being a positive and persuasive presence for women within the church.
- raising awareness and educating the faith community on issues affecting Catholic women.
- peaceful, non-violent action and speech intended not to disrupt but to challenge.
- dignified and respectful conduct.
- courageously and passionately defending the rights of women in the Catholic church.