Why is there a need for a group like S.W.I.M.? Perhaps you can relate to one or more of the following questions:
- Would you like to celebrate women in ministry in fellowship with other Catholic women?
- Would you be nourished by dialogue, fellowship and prayer with other women in ministry?
- Have you felt frustration, sadness or anger over the limitations the Catholic Church places on women’s role in ministry?
- Do you feel that the gifts you have to share with others are underutilized?
- Do you have a vehicle by which to freely express your opinion or do you feel that no one is listening?
- Do you ever feel alienated or left-out by the lack of inclusive language in liturgy and prayer?
- Do you feel that women are not adequately represented in ministries or church committees central to the important decision making processes in your parish?
- Do you hunger for a woman’s perspective?
- Do you feel that you are the only person to feel the way you do?
- Would you like to gather with other women to share stories, dialogue, work together and grow spiritually?
- Would you like the freedom to speak openly in a safe setting?